April 14, 2010

Hi everyone! Sorry that I haven't been around for the past two days, I just needed a break this week. I guess I don't have to tell how busy things can get with three kids! Not to mention that the weather is getting really nice and we've been spending some more time outside lately; which also means more yard work...ugh!

So while I took a few days off from blogging I've been making cards like crazy, so now I have a nice stash for some future posts. Which brings me to my card for today. Mother's Day will be here before we know it so I thought I'd better start on them.

This was a really quick and easy card to make and I really like how it turned out (Hubby likes this one too). I just stamped the square flower image first and then I stamped three of the small flowers (from this same stamp set) using black ink, and then I cut them out and placed them over my main image.

I did something a bit different with my layering on this card and I didn't line up my image with the black card stock layer- I sort of like how it looks off to the side and I'll have to be sure and try this again. I added a bit of paper piercing in the upper right corner and again along the left side of my card. It might be hard to see in my picture, but I added a small black dot to the center of each white flower.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

Stamps: For All You Do
Card Stock: White, Black, DP from SU
Ink: Black Stazon, Sahara Sand
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, SU Black Marker- for the center of the flowers, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Technique: Paper Piercing
Pin It

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Patty this is simple but elegant. Fantastic card. I say it all the time I love your cas cards, come teach me :) lol

jimlynn said...

Super card Patty. So elegant looking. Just great.

TrishG said...

So pretty. I love the colors you used here! Thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

Patty I agree with Carrie simple but elegant.Any Mother would love this card.TFS