April 11, 2010

Here's my card for this past week's Mojo Monday's sketch challenge. There's still time to play along it doesn't end until tonight. You can find more info on the Mojo Monday's Sketch blog here.

My image is stamped and colored using my SU markers. I find myself using my markers a lot lately. I guess I just like the vibrant colors I get from them as opposed to water coloring plus I'm learning how to color with them better. One of these days I'd like to try some copic markers.

I followed the Mojo Monday sketch below. Sometimes I like to post the sketch so you can see what it is that I followed.

My background is embossed using the Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug embossing folder. I was going to leave my background plain, but then I thought it still needed a little something.

I drew some doodling around my flower image and I used silver liquid pearls for the three dots on the sketch image.

Thanks so much for looking! Have a great rest of the weekend; I'm off to get feed the kiddos lunch. If you haven't done so, be sure to check out the Bugaboo blog hop in my post above and you'll want to make sure to start at the beginning. My post above has more information about it.

Stamps: Echoes of Kindness
Card Stock: White, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, SU pattern paper
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Cuttlebug, Floral Fantasy Embossing Folder, SU Markers, Coluzzle, Corner Rounder Punch- for the scalloped oval, Liquid Pearls, 2 Way Glue Pen, DD Glitter
Technique: Dry Embossing Pin It

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how to created the layout! I love the colors. :)

Jessica

Tiya-B said...

beautiful card, the doodling makes the edge look great a nice finished touch!

An Occasional Genius said...

Your card is so pretty! Your doodling is so amazing, I would love to doodle and have it look as good as that!

Deb said...

Very pretty card Patty!! I wish my coloring with markers looked that good...guess I need to practice more!! :-)

TrishG said...

Beautiful job with the layout. I love the image you used and the colors.

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I love how you used the sketch.