In the Air Challenge Cards


I made two cards today for the ABC Blog challenge which is 'Up in the Air' and we were to create cards which include something that you would find in the air.  Come on over and play along with us!

I love this new Sale-a-bration stamp set and I wanted to use it again with the bird image for the challenge.  I stamped the flowers and cut them out and then I stamped six daffodil delight flowers and punched out the centers using the four petal flower punch from the itty bitty shapes punch pack and placed the centers on the flowers.

I dry embossed just the lower portion of my card base and just above my dry embossing I used my score board and added a score line and I used that line as a guide to place my flowers on.  That way I knew my flowers would be straight across my card.  To finish my card I placed the bird on my base using dimensionals and I added a small black dot for the eye.  Lastly, I added my ribbon and stamped my sentiment.

Card #6 out of 100 towards my goal of 100 cards in 100 days.

Stamps:  Bloomin' Marvelous
Card Stock:  Calypso Coral, White
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Black Stazon
Supplies:  Ribbon, Big Shot, Vine Street Embossing Folder, Simply Score Tool, Scissors- for cutting out flowers, Basic Pearls, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Tombow Multi Glue, Dimensionals, SU Black Marker
Technique:  Dry Embossing


Here's another card I made for the ABC Blog Challenge.  You can create any card with something that is 'In the Air' and I decided to play around with my up, up & away stamp set.  I sometimes find this set hard to use, but for some reason today this card just fell right into place.  I really think the cloudy day embossing folder is perfect for this set!

I first cut out the oval using the oval collection framelits and then I dry embossed it using my cloudy day embossing folder.  Next, I stamped the balloons and cut them out and placed them onto my oval.  The bottom portion of my card has designer series paper with a small strip of daffodil delight card stock along the top.  The daffodil delight card stock was punched along the top using my scallop border punch.

I added my island indigo ribbon along the dsp and placed it onto my card.  The dry embossed oval with the balloons has dimensionals under it.  To complete my card I stamped the sentiment towards the right hand side and I stamped some birds using island indigo ink. 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked both of my cards today!

Card #7 out of 100 towards my goal of 100 cards in 100 days.

Stamps:  Up, Up & Away
Card Stock:  White, Daffodil Delight, International Bazaar DSP
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Supplies:  Big Shot, Cloudy Day Embossing Folder, Oval Collection Framelits, Scallop Border Punch
Technique:   Dry Embossing, 2 Step Stampin'

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

7 comments:

redstampinsam said...

Can't sleep so glad I tuned into your blog. Both cards are fresh and wonderful. Best card I've seen so far using the Bloomin' Marvelous!!!

Becky said...

Both of these are gorgeous. Ther first one reminds me Spring is almost here with those cute little flowers. And love the paper piecing of the balloons on the second.

Created by Kathi said...

Patty I love your cards! I just got the Bloomin stamp set so I will feature it on my own cards soon! So excited to see how you used it :) And the balloons are just amazing... love your embossing too! Kathi

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Patty! Two very happy, delightful cards! They DO feel like they belong in an "Up In The Air Challenge"! And sweet sayings, too! These just make me want to celebrate the joy of everyday living! Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Patty - both cards are so beautiful. How patient you are to fussy cut so many flowers and the hummingbird. I think my favorite is the ballon card though - it feels especially happy to me for some reason. Hugs D

Annheidel said...

Your Bloomin Marvelous card is so sweet and cheerful. I really love the colors. I just spent a pleasant hour discovering your blog. Your cards are wonderful and I love that you use so many older sets. Thanks for the inspiration!

Katherine said...

Great cards! Love the clean look to the balloon card!