August 30, 2009


I made this card for tomorrow's clean and simple challenge. This time we were to make over one of our cards from our gallery. We could do over any card or turn a card into a cas card.

I chose to redo this card from my splitcoast gallery. On this card I eliminated three layers, the sponging technique, and some of the dots. I always wanted to try and make that card again and this challenge was the perfect opportunity.

I stamped the flower images using Black Stazon and I colored it using my SU markers. I used white, black, and Barely Banana card stock and Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, and Apricot appeal markers.

Once my card was finished I felt that my background needed a little something, so I decided to use my Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing folder. My ribbon is from Offray! I'm going to try this challenge again tomorrow. I already have a card in mind, but it's getting late now and I'm off to bed!
Pin It

2 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Very very pretty!!! I love the layout and the colors on this:) Beautiful job!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Lori said...

This is such a pretty and fresh card. I like that yellow and black didn't get too bumble bee-ish.