August 2, 2009


We spent the day grocery shopping today and what a chore with the two smaller kids and a husband...LOL I certainly wish they would just lower the prices of groceries so that we could do away with coupons, wishful thinking I know, but in the end it really does pay to clip, sort, and use my coupons. Even with my crafting supplies, I almost always use coupons. Today I even made a return to AC Moore so that I could repurchase the punch that I bought last week. (I didn't have my coupon with me when I bought it).

Today's featured stamper is splitcoast user va.sunshine and I decided to case this card. Basically I kept the same layout, but I used a different flower stamp, slightly different colors, and a different sentiment.

My flower image is stamped using SU's Heartfelt Thanks stamp set and Lavender Lace and Old Olive ink. My sentiment is from SU's small script. Along my main image panel I added some paper piercing on both sides.

I didn't have the same decorative paper that she used, but I did have a cuttlebug embossing folder that I thought would work. I made my background using a lighter shade of green paper (Certainly Celery) and then I ran it through my cuttlebug using my Houndstooth embossing folder. My ribbon is from Offray.
Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Very elegant! These colors are very pretty together and I love the texture of the embossed panel. I really enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your beautiful creations, I love your style!