Christmas Covered Bridge

This is the last of the cards I made from the clean & simple card swap I was hosting.  This is probably my favorite card I made for that swap.  I love how easy this was to put together.  It didn't even take that long to color in the image since I tried to keep my coloring to a minimum.

I stamped the image and colored it using my SU markers and then I added some dazzling diamonds glitter over the snow (I know it's probably hard to see in my photo).  I had to use glue dots to adhere the main image panel to my background.  Sometimes the adhesive doesn't stick very well to the dry embossed card stock and it helps to use glue dots.

The upper portion of my background was dry embossed using my big shot and my snow burst embossing folder.  I kept the lower part unembossed since I knew I was going to stamp my sentiment there.  I used my simply scoring tool to add two rows of dry embossing between the snow burst folder and my sentiment.  That just sort of helps to give a nice separation between the dry embossed area and my sentiment and you'll notice that I do this quite often on my cards.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!  Have a great rest of the weekend!

Stamps:  Changing Seasons, Curly Cute
Card Stock:  White, Cherry Cobbler
Ink:  Black Stazon, Cherry Cobbler
Supplies:  SU Markers, Big Shot, Snow Burst Embossing Folder, Simply Score Tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Glue Dots
Technique:  Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

10 comments:

Ger said...

This is so pretty! The image is lovely and I love all the red and white. Ger x.

Athina said...

How gorgeous! I love the embossing and the score lines. They really set the card off.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is very eye-catching! your coloring just pops off all the white! Gorgeous!! TFS!

Jacqueline said...

This is lovely Patty - great embossing - Jacqueline xx

Barb said...

Very pretty card Patty--love the image and how you used it with the embossing folder.

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, luv the scene...hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a stunning card, Patty! Very pretty!

kelley likes said...

Thanks! You've given me a reason to keep both in my stash. Love it! tis

Jacquel said...

This is such a great card Patty! I do love the simplicity of it & I like how the red pops off the white...very nicely done!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a nice christmas card but the christmas covered bridge looks wonderful and i want to see the this in person.

covered bridge weddings