Twisted Tuesday Inspiration


Good Morning! Today's Twisted Tuesday challenge is an inspiration challenge based on this photo below. It's such a pretty photo, isn't it?  And the twist this week is to use eyelets somewhere on your project.

It was hard to photograph my card with the silver embossing and glimmer paper so I posted another photo of my card below.
I started making the background of my card.  I ran the upper portion of my white background layer through my big shot machine using the square lattice embossing folder.  Just below my embossed area I added three score lines using my simply score board.  I usually do this to give me a nice separation from my embossed and unembossed areas.  I left about 1 1/2" towards the bottom unembossed so that I could stamp my sentiment.

To make the blue ornament I stamped the pacific point stamp, cut it out using the coordinating ornament framelit, and I tied some sliver cording towards the top and I added a few pearls.

The larger ornament on the left side of my card was cut using a framelit and silver glimmer card stock.  Then I stamped the small pacific point circle image, punched it out using a 1" circle punch, added a few pearls, and it's placed on the ornament using some dimensionals.

The silver ornament towards the right hand side of my card was heat embossed.  I used my versamark ink pad and silver embossing powder to create the image.  The smaller pacific point ornament placed on top of that was made by stamping the image using pacific point ink and and then I added a row of silver eyelets across the center.  And to complete it I tied some silver cording at the top and it's placed on top of my silver embossed ornament using dimensionals.
  
All of my ornaments were placed onto my dry embossed background layer using glue dots.  Regular adhesive will not hold the ornaments if you are placing them on a dry embossed background. 

And lastly I just stamped my Merry Christmas sentiment.  Sorry for the long post today.  I wanted to take the time to explain how I made my ornaments.  Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you'll play along with us this week at Twisted Tuesday Challenges! Have a great day!

Stamps:  Ornament Keepsakes, More Merry Messages
Card Stock:  White, Pacific Point, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink:  Pacific Point, VersaMark
Supplies:  Big Shot, Holiday Ornament Framelit Dies, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Simply Score Tool, Pacific Point Ribbon, Silver Cording, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Silver Eyelets, Crop-a-dial, Heat Gun, Silver Embossing Powder, 1" Circle Punch
Technique: Heat Embossing, Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

9 comments:

Athina said...

What a beautiful card, I love the colors and the shimmery silver.

debbie said...

Gorgeous card....no I am mad I did not order the ornaments bundle :0(

Oh well.........love your card and the colors.
hugs
Debbie

Jacquel said...

Your card is so pretty Patty & I love that sparkly ornament! Very nice work as always Hun...TFS!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Patty, this card is absolutely stunning! Love the colors and all the embellishments on those lovely ornaments. WOW factor!!!

Louise van Vuren said...

Patty this is gorgeous and I mean gorgeous! Love all the detail you've added to the ornaments. it's very elegant.

Louise xx

Mynn xx said...

This is AMAZING, Patty! LOVE the use of the inspiration photo!!! I really need to get this set and dies, so gorgeous! :)

Lela said...

Patty, this card is BEAUTIFUL! Love the sparkly silver ornament and the neat background you created with the embossed/scored combination

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Great interpretation of the challenge. I love the silver and blue together.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Beautiful and the eyelets add the perfect touch.