Pink & Brown Mittens

Good morning!  This week's 52 Christmas Card Thorwdown is a color challenge.  I have the color chart posted below for you.  I decided to go with pink, brown, and white, what a fun color challenge!

I made brown and pink mittens, stamping them using chocolate chip and pretty in pink ink and then punched them out using the mitten punch and I glued the pink parts of the mittens on top of my punched out chocolate chip mittens.  I have the mittens placed on my card using dimensionals.  I did add a tiny dot or two of glue on the twine that I have placed between the mittens.  I did that to hold the twine in place and you only need one or two drops.

I used the window die to cut out the mitten background shape and I also did some faux stitching along the edge of the chocolate chip layer.  I used the adorning accents edgelits for my scallop layer towards the bottom of my card.  I also added a row of paper piercing at the bottom of my card.  My white background layers are dry embossed using the perfect polka dot embossing folder.

I wanted to quickly give you a tip on how I made my sentiment layer.  I first cut out a 3/4" strip of card stock and then I stamped my sentiment.  To make the notched (banner) side of my sentiment panel I used a 1" square punch and I notched out the end.  It's so easy to make banner panels this way and I never have to worry about getting the points even.  If you have a larger banner simply use a large square punch, if you have a smaller, more narrow banner then use a smaller square punch.

Have a great weekend everyone!  I'm on my way to help my son's Boy Scout toop make their hoagies that they sold for their fund raiser.  Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps:  Make a Mitten, More Merry Messages
Card Stock:  White, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Subtles DSP Paper Stack
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink
Supplies:  Twine, Button, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Adorning Accents Edgelits, Window Frames Collection, Mitten Builder Punch, Festive Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, White Gel Pen, 1" Square Punch- for notching out the banner end, Tombow Multi Glue
Technique:  Dry Embossing, Paper Piercing, Faux Stitching

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

8 comments:

Pia S said...

This is such a lovely color combination! The twine for your mittens is such a fab detail, and the stitching looks great! Great clean layout!

Mynn xx said...

So your tip is going to save me a ton of time. I always cut the notch by hand....so silly! Your card is beautiful and I am loving that mitten set! Gorgeous!!!

Rosmarie said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card. Adorable those little mittens!
Love the soft colors, all is so harmonious...
Thank you so very much for the lovely comment on my card.

Rosi x

Ruth M said...

Patty, this is a wonderful card, love your pretty colour choice, the great layout and all the little decorative touches you added! Fab card, I LOVE it! Ruth x

Athina said...

What a sweet card! Those are some of my favorite colors together.

Jacqueline said...

Your card looks lovely Patty especially using that soft shade of pink - have a great weekend - Jacqueline xx

Jacquel said...

Now this is my kind of card! I LOVE the colors used here...who would've thought to use pink & brown for Christmas?!!! Excellent layout & texture too....TFS!!!

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my goodness Patty this is sooooo awesome! Love those mittens. Just got my mitten punch a few days ago - can't wait to play with it now. Thanks for inspiration! Hugs D