Wonderfall & Christmas Blessings

Good Morning!  I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!  I haven't been posting on my blog these past few days because I haven't been feeling well.  I hurt my back last week and it's finally starting to feel better.  I'm not 100% better yet, but at least I can move around some.  At one point last week I couldn't even get out of bed so needless to say I'm behind with some of the challenge cards I usually make. 
I recently started a new challenge blog and it's called ABC challenges.  ABC stands for All Beautiful Cards (my daughter came up with that idea), but anyway.....the Design Team and I are working hard at growing our challenge and we hope that you will play along with us, spread the word, and help our challenge blog grow. 

The current ABC Challenge is our very first color challenge and the colors are:  Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Chocolate Chip.  I decided to ink up my new leaf stamps and I have to tell you that this is an awesome stamp set and I'm so glad I ordered it.  These leaves are perfect for fall cards, thank you cards, and I can even picture myself using these for some scrapbooking.

If you are using the die with this stamp set, I found that it really helps to die cut your card stock first.  Then I inked my stamps and turned them upside down with the rubber image facing up.  Then I placed my die cut on top of the inked image and I pressed lightly to get the ink on the card stock.  Trust me, it's so much easier this way!

I scored my background using my simply score tool and I was trying to mimic the design in the smaller pumpkin pie leaf image.  I scored my card stock using three lines and skipping two and once I had the one direction finished I turned the card stock around and did the same thing doing in the other direction.  I think my background turned out pretty neat!

The rest of my card is fairly simple.  I added some pumpkin pie and old olive dsp and then I tied some crochet ribbon and I added a button with some twine tied in the center.  One thing I wanted to mention is that when I add a button on top of my ribbon I use a glue gun to hold on the button.  It's what seems to work the best for me.

Stamps:  Wonderfall, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, DSP- Polka Dot Parade
Ink:  Old Olive, Chocolate, Pumpkin Pie
Supplies:  Crochet Trim Ribbon, Button, Twine, Word Window Punch, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Simply Score Tool, Glue Dots
Technique: Dry Embossing, Die Cutting


This card I made was fairly simple to create.  I used a combination of paper piercing, die cutting, and dry embossing to create my main image panels.  My sentiment was stamped and cut out using the labels collection framelits and then I decided to do some paper piercing along the edges.  My sentiment layer has dimensionals underneath it.  My layer under that was also cut using the labels framelits and with that layer I decided to add some dry embossing using my simply score tool and I added the dry embossed lines on a diagonal.

The poinsettia flower was stamped, colored using my SU markers, and then cut out.  I added three gold brads in the center of the flower and my flower has dimensionals stacked (two layers) underneath it.  I stacked the dimensionals to raise it up a bit since my sentiment panel also has dimensionals under that.

I used my scallop trim border punch to punch along the bottom of my cherry cobbler card stock.

I made this card for a few challenges.  I'm surprised that I was able to combine a few challenges because I'm rarely ever able to do that.  I made this card for:

SUO blog challenge - create a clean & simple Christmas card
52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge - create cards using scripture.  I'm late posting my card for this challenge since I wasn't feeling well so I apologize.
Queen for the Day challenge- on Splitcoast stampers and I decided to case this card made by Gabby's.   I kept the same layout and I changed the images, papers, and I decided to make a Christmas card.  Congratulations Gabby for being chosen Queen of the Day!

Stamps:  Christmas Blessings
Card Stock:  White, Cherry Cobbler, Festival of Prints DSP Paper Stack
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Supplies:  Labels Collections Framelits, Simply Score Tool, SU Markers, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Dimensionals, Gold Brads, Scissors- for cutting out flower
Technique:  Dry Embossing, Paper Piercing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

8 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful poinsettia card! Love the gold brads in the center and the texture on the matting layer. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Athina said...

Great cards! I always love how you score the backgrounds.

Ana Carolina Little said...

Gorgeous papers Patty!!!. Beautiful cards!!!. I hope you are feeling much better from your back!!!

Created by Kathi said...

Patty, glad you are feeling better... I missed your posts :). Love the thanksgiving card... hope you had a good one even with your back out! Kathi

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

What a pretty use of texture in the greeting layers! And using some printed Designer Papers is a great way to keep a card simple! Thanks so much for sharing with the SUO Challenge design team!

Mary Brown said...

WOW...so simply sweet! I love all your choices...the paper works great, how you layered your sentiment and just the one sweet poinsettia! Thanks so much for playing along in the SUO challenge!

Mynn xx said...

Two amazing creations! I'm so glad you're feeling better! I hope you have a fabulous rest of your Thanksgiving weekend!!! :)

Jen Timko said...

Your cards are both lovely! I just love the poinsettia card...fabulous. Hope you continue to feel better! Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!