Stamping on DSP ~ Twisted Tuesday Challenge

Good Morning everyone!  This is a card I made for this week's Twisted Tuesday Challenges.  The challenge this week is to stamp on pattern paper and the twist is to use teal or turquoise somewhere on your card/project.

I have a lot of details on this card because I wanted to make it special for the family of a friend and customer of mine who recently passed away.  It was an unexpected illness and I'm thankful that she felt that she made the right decision in not seeking treatment.  I hope her family likes this card I made.

It might be hard to see in my photo so I wanted to mention that I stamped the flower image on so saffron dsp and this layer has dimensionals under it.  I colored the image using my SU markers.  I also added some paper piercing along the die cut shape.  I also placed a large pearl in the flower center and a small (crochet trim) ribbon knot towards the bottom of the flower stems.

The old olive layer behind my image needed a little something so I decided to add some lines of dry embossing using my simply scoring board.  The so saffron dsp behind the old olive layer also has dimensionals under it.  I used a lot of dimensionals on this card.   My turquoise layer was dry embossed using my fancy fan embossing folder and just along the bottom of my card I added two rows of paper piercing.  Above my sentiment I added three small silver brads.  Here's a tip- to help line up the brads use a piercing template to pierce the holes, they will line up every time!

My love & sympathy sentiment is from the same stamp set and it's punched out using the decorative label punch.  My sentiment actually has dimensionals stacked on top of each other on the left side and on the right I used glue dots.  I sometimes do this if one side of my card is higher than the other.  On this card I have  dimensionals under my main image panel so in order to make my sentiment panel even I stacked the dimensionals on the left side.  I hope I explained that okay, if not and you have any questions feel free to send me a message.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and visit my blog.  I'd love to have you follow me.  I'm trying to reach my goal of 300 followers, how cool would that be!!!  Have a wonderful day!

Stamps:  Love & Sympathy
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, DSP- Subtles Paper Stack
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Supplies:  Big Shot, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Labels Framelits, Simply Score Tool, Decorative Label Punch, Paper Piercing Tool, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Basic Pearls, Crochet Trim Ribbon, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SU Markers, Mini Silver Brads
Technique:  Dry Embossing, Paper Piercing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

5 comments:

Beckie said...

Super cute.

Be blessed, Beckie
Stampin' Up Ind Demo
http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

Heather B said...

Beautiful card!!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Beautiful card Patty!!! Very nice colour combination. I love the detail of the pearl in the centre of the flower and the piercing around the spellbinder!!!

Melina said...

Beautiful! I love your layout, the little silver pearls set this card off wonderfully! Thanks for being a Twisted "Sister" :)

Athina said...

What great colors, that teal just pops! Very pretty.