Bring on The Flowers

I made two cards for this week's ABC blog challenge and this week's challenge is an easy one.  Simply create a card using flowers.  Your flowers could be your stamped image, designer series paper, embellishment, etc.  With today being the first day of spring I enjoyed making these cards and using some flowers!

I began making this card by stamping my image and I stamped it off first and then I stamped it onto my card stock.  I wanted the image to be lighter so that I could stamp my sentiment over it.  Once I had my image stamped I cut it out using my oval framelits and I cut an oval black layer for behind it.

My background was dry embossed using my honeycomb embossing folder and I decided to dig through my scraps for some dsp to use as banners and I found some from a retired 6x6 paper stack.  I cut them into strips and using my 1" corner punch I notched off the ends.  Then I assembled my card and I added some basic pearls on my flower layer for my embellishment.

Card #8 out of 100 towards my goal of 100 cards in 100 days.

Stamps:  Love & Sympathy, Field Flowers
Card Stock:  White, Black, Sahara Sand, SU Paper Stack DSP (retired)
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Black Stazon
Supplies:  Big Shot, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Oval Collection Framelits, 1" Square Punch, Basic Pearls
Technique:  2 Step Stampin', Dry Embossing



Here's another flower card I made.  I just stamped the flower stem using old olive ink and then I stamped the flowers using daffodil delight and so saffron ink.  My sentiment was stamped using early espresso and then I added my ribbon and assembled my card, quick and easy. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will come over and play along this week with us at ABC Challenges!

Card #9 out of 100 towards my goal of 100 cards in 100 days.

Stamps: Field Flowers
Card Stock:  White, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Old Olive, Early Espresso
Supplies:  Ribbon
Technique:  2 Step Stampin'

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

8 comments:

Melina said...

Hey Patty! Your cards are gorgeous! Your first card goes along with this week's Twisted Tuesday challenge. (banners and pearls)....we would love to have you join us! :)

Donna Ellis said...

Very pretty cards, Patty! The first one reminds me of a classic "tailored" appearance - so crisp and pretty. Your happy thoughts card is happy and sweet! Very sweet! hugs, de

Created by Kathi said...

Patty, I love your cards! The same sentiment looks great on BOTH cards but each card has it's own feel. I have had to detour from paper crafting for a few weeks as I work on home projects but I will be back soon and posting on your challenge blog! Yahoo :) Thanks for always inspiring me with your posts :) Kathi

Becky said...

Both of these are gorgeous! Love the yellow flowers.

:: BlueInks :: said...

I so love the colors on the first card. The layout is great and the embossing stands out. I like how you laid out the image on the second card. Great job!

Danielle Vincent said...

Two very beautiful cards Patty! I really love the first one - so soft and understated - yet gorgeous! Hugs D

Diane said...

Love the cards! Crumb Cake, Basic Black and Whisper White are so lovely together. I popped over from Inkerbelles on FB...so glad to have found your blog! I'll pop in often!

♥Gemma♥ said...

Stunning cards hun and thank you for popping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment...means a lot!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma