Bloomin' Marvelous

Good morning!  As some of you know I've been sick again which is why I haven't been around much lately.  I just can't shake this winter cold this year.  I get better and then I'm sick again, UGH!  I'm soooo ready for spring to arrive!  And with spring in mind I decided to make a card with some flowers on it.  I made this card for my ABC challenge blog and this month's Splitcoast Creative Crew challenges

The Splitcoast Creative Crew challenge that I made this card for was the DSP/Color Focus.   We were to use the colors found in the Fan Fair dsp which also includes island indigo and we were to use island indigo.  I used the colors:  Sahara Sand, Riding Hood Red, More Mustard, and Island Indigo. 

This week's ABC challenge is a sketch challenge.  We didn't get many players this week so if you have time and want to play along we'd love to have you join us.  The challenge is open for another 24 hours.  Below is our sketch challenge.  Feel free to slightly modify, flip, or turn the sketch to fit your card.   Before I forget I wanted to mention that Our ABC Challenge blog can now be found on Facebook as well as Pinterest.

I used the lacy brocade embossing folder to dry emboss my riding hood red layer.  To create the white background for my flowers I die cut a large flower using the floral frames framelits then I dry embossed it using my square lattice embossing folder.  Remember, you'll always want to cut first and then emboss.

Next, I stamped all of my images and cut them out using scissors and I placed them onto my white dry embossed flower using tombow multi glue (or you could use glue dots).  Regular adhesive usually isn't strong enough to stick to dry embossing.

Then to finish my card I added the sahara sand card stock with ribbon and white punched border and my sentiment.  My sentiment was stamped, punched out, layered using my circle and scallop circle punches and then I did some paper piercing just along the edge on the sahara sand card stock.  I used the essentials paper piercing pack for the paper piercing.

Sorry for such a long post today.  I'm starting the 100 cards in 100 days challenge again.  Today is card #1 out of 100 towards my goal of 100 cards in 100 days!  I remember how fun this challenge was before so I thought I'd challenge myself to do it again.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Stamps:  Bloomin Marvelous
Card Stock:  White, Sahara Sand, Riding Hood Red, Island Indigo
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Riding Hood Red, More Mustard, Island Indigo
Supplies:  Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Square Lattice  Embossing Folder, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Floral Frames Framelits, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Dimensionals, Scissors- for cutting flowers, Tombow Multi Glue
Technique:  Dry Embossing, Paper Piercing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

6 comments:

Becky said...

This is lovely Patty.

Rosie Gustafson said...

Patty, I just love the colors you used. Very pretty card as usual.

Jacquel said...

I LOVE your card Patty! The colors are very striking, the texture is awesome & the pearl centers are the perfect finishing touch!!!!!

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow Patty - fabulous card. I absolutely adore that color combo.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Those colors look fab together! Really they do. I like the different textural elements of the card. You did really well on this one!

Karen Petitt said...

Hi Patty, just wanted to pop over and say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my ABC Challenges entry - it means a lot, especially when it's from a super talented stamper - so thank you very much!!
Gorgeous creation, I think that stamp set is going to have to be my next SU UK purchase - love what you've made hugs Karen