Graduation Quote

This is another card I made for the creative crew challenges on splitcoast stampers.  This challenge was to use a quote from a Stampin 'Up! stamp set as the main focus on our cards. I always loved this quote from the retired 'Live Your Dream' stamp set and I think it's just perfect for graduation cards.  Speaking of graduation, my oldest daughter will be graduation high school shortly and this is the card I made for her.  I used her school colors which are:  white, red, and black.

My real red background was stamped in the lower right hand corner using the flourish stamp from the Flowering Flourishes stamp.  Next, I placed the three banners towards the left side of my card.  I used my 1" square punch to punch out the banner end.  Then I stamped the quote and it was cut out using the apothecary accents framelits and I added some paper piercing along the edges using the essentials paper piercing pack.  My quote layer was applied onto my card using dimensionals.

To finish off my graduation card I added a black button with a twine bow tied through the center and on the left side I added a small diploma.  To make the diploma I simply rolled up (tightly) a small strip of card stock and tied it off with some twine.  I placed the diploma onto my card using glue dots.

Now, I need to get started on making her graduation party invitations.  I'm still undecided on how I want to make those, but this card I made gives me something to work with.  Have a great day everyone and thank you so much for stopping by!

Card #4 out of 100 towards my goal of 100 cards in 100 days.

Stamps:  Live Your Dream, Flowering Flourishes
Card Stock:  White, Real Red, Black, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink:  Black Stazon, Real Red
Supplies:  Twine, Button, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, 1" Square Punch, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Apothecary Accents Framelits
Technique:  Paper Piercing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

5 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh your paper piercing is perfect! Great card....those were my graduation colors too.

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty,Love the colors...

debbie said...

fantasic card for Danielle.sooo funny,,, my kiddos school colors are red and black also. Wish I would have seen your card back then LOL.
have a great day!

Danielle Vincent said...

LOVE this Patty! A great graduation card.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Patty! thank you for visiting my little blog today. Your comment made me smile. I very much like your graduation card. Most people don't think of using classic colors like red and black - and your card looks great! I especially like the little rolled diploma! How clever, and perfect for your card, with the lovely sentiment. Thanks for sharing your marvelous ideas! hugs, de