September 10, 2010


Today I decided to make a card for the happy birthday Cuttlebug challenge.  The challenge was to create a birthday card using at least 2 layers and of course we needed to use our cuttlebugs.

My main cake image was stamped and colored using my SU markers. It's hard to see in my picture, but I did add some dazzling diamonds glitter over the flowers.

The upper portion of my background was embossed using my with gratitude embossing folder and just below my embossed area I added two score lines using my scor-pal.

I decided to go with an organdy ribbon on my card. My ribbon is from Offray.

Just a quick note about the recipe I posted yesterday (acutally I posted a link to the recipe).  Anyway, I wanted to let you all know how my chicken and dumplings turned out. Well, that recipe is just awesome; it was the best chicken and dumplings I ever made. I think my husband ate four bowls and the baby ate every little bit I had on her plate! My only problem with the recipe was that the dumpling dough was a little too wet, but all I needed to do was to add a bit more flour and that fixed it!

I hope you all have a great weekend! We don't have any big plans this weekend and so far the weather is looking pretty yucky. I'll be back again on Monday!

Stamps: Blooming With Happiness
Card Stock: White, Lovely Lilac
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Markers, Scalloped Circle Nesties, Circle Nesties, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder With Gratitude, Score-pal, Stamp-a-ma-jig, DD Glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen
Technique: Dry Embossing Pin It

15 comments:

KER said...

beautiful card!!!

KER said...

thanks for the link to the challenge...i submitted one too...nothing like your great work...but as long as you inspire me i'll keep trying

paige said...

Your embossed background goes so well with this image! A lovely card!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card, Patty.
Lynn

Mae said...

Great card...love the background.

Laura said...

Very Cute card.I love that embossing folder.

TrishG said...

Very nice. Love the texture and the colors. Great ribbon too.

Kathy and Lucky said...

Wow, just beautiful and elegant, love it! Have a great weekend.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fabulous, cheerful birthday card! Love the colors! The embossed background looks perfect with this image, too. :)

Karen Howard said...

Patty, this is stunning! I love the pop of purple on the embossed white, really pretty!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card!!! I love the embossing on just a portion of the card and the image is very pretty! TFS

Lori Ingebritson said...

Patty, You know I cased you and I'm finally following you so I can find more FUN CREATIVE things to case!! LOL Lori

Carrie said...

Lovely birthday card Patty. I haven't used this set in quite some time. Hey wanted to let you know you won the blog candy on my blog http://stampsscrapsandscissors.blogspot.com/

Congrats!!!!

Denise said...

This is beautiful!! I love the white with a little color, it just makes it all pop!
~ Denise (SCS)

Court said...

Gorgeous and lovely. Thank you so much for playing in the Cuttlebug Challenge this week! I hardly see that embossing folder used and it's SO cute! I have the border one, but not the full one.... thank for enabling! :)