September 9, 2010


Today I'm sharing a first with you! This is the first time I've ever made a card using only my cuttlebug and no stamps!

I used an embossing folder and die combo called Halloween. It's a Disney set that I picked up at Big Lots a few months ago for just $2!

At first I wasn't quite sure how the die & folder combination works, but I finally figured it out.

I simply chose the color card stock that I wanted to use and I placed it over the part of the die that I wanted to cut. (This was a great opportunity to use of lots of my paper scraps).

After I had everything cut out I ran the pieces through the coordinating embossing folder. I did each piece separately; I just found it to work easier that way.

Once I pieces were cut and embossed I started assembling my card. For the bats, I used going grey card stock, but I colored the raised parts using my black SU marker. The raised parts of my owl were also colored using my lovely lilac marker.

I used the example on the front of the cuttlebug folder package as my inspiration.  My card is a little bit different than from the example, I used a different color for the fence and I added the stars in the sky.  I also didn't add any of the leaves that came with the die.

I'm hoping that the white dots I added in my background look like stars. I didn’t' add a sentiment on the front of my card because I felt it was busy enough and you sort of get that Halloween feel when you look at it, right...LOL

I'd better run, it's a cool day here today and I have chicken and dumplings cooking on the stove and I have to check on it. I'm trying a new recipe today so I'm hoping my family likes it. Just in case anyone wants to see the recipe I'm using you can find it here. It's supposed to be the Cracker Barrel chicken and dumpling recipe. Tomorrow I'll have to let you all know how it turns out!

Stamps: None
Card Stock: White, Ballet Blue, Close to Cocoa, Black, Going Grey, Bliss Blue, Summer Sun, Lovely Lilac
Ink: None
Supplies: SU Markers, Cuttlebug, Disney 'Halloween' Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and Die Set, White Gel Pen, 2 Way Glue Pen, Glue Dots
Technique: Dry Embossing Pin It

10 comments:

Dixie said...

Oh, this is so cute! I have seen those sets and wasn't sure how they worked, so I shied away. You've made just an adorable card with them! I love the stars, and they do look like stars in the sky.

paige said...

What a terrific first! Looks like it was fun to make this cute scene!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh my goodness, i'd say you got a deal on that embossing/die set! This is just adorable! I love the added detail of the "stars", too! Very, very cute! :)

Laura said...

WOW!what a deal on this set.You did a fantastic job with it.Looks like stars to me.And I love the whole scenery.Thanks for the recipe.And Please,let us know how it came out.

Donna Heber said...

Patty,

Great job! Very crafty.

Carrie said...

I LOVE it!!! What a great find at big lots too! This card is really adorable.

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is very cute, love all the dimension from the die cut and embossing.

Alissa said...

This came out amazing! I can't believe you did all of that with the Cuttlebug! Great job!

KER said...

"fang"tastic job Patty!

Karen Howard said...

LOVE, LOVE this!!!