November 9, 2009


Hi everyone! I should soon be back to regularly updating my blog. I have finished organizing my new ScrapBox and the baby now has her own bedroom. It was a lot of work in just a short time, but I am thrilled that it's all finished. I can't post pictures of my ScrapBox just yet, but I have them ready for when I am able.

Here's my card for today's CAS or Clean & Simple challenge. Today's challenge is a color challenge and we were to create a card using white plus one other color. I decided to make yet another Christmas card (you can never have too many of them, right?)

I've been seeing so many Christmas ornament cards in the gallery lately and I do not have the Delightful Decorations stamp set and coordinating punch, so I thought why not try and make my own.

I stamped the large tree image from SU's Snow Swirled stamp set using Glorious Green ink and then I punched out a circle for my ornament. Next, I punched out a small square for the top of my ornament. For my ornament hanger I just cut a small piece of scrap card stock and glued it using 2 way glue.

It's hard to see in my picture, but I added some glitter on my ornaments using Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. It's real glittery in person.

I scored three horizontal lines just below my ornaments and above my sentiment. My sentiment is from SU's Holidays & Wished stamp set and I used my SU marker and Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp my Merry Christmas sentiment horizontally. So what do you think? Do these look like Christmas ornaments?
Pin It

4 comments:

TrishG said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your ornaments. Love the colors you chose. Great layout and extra details. Beautiful card!!!

Joan said...

Absolutely! what a great card. Would you mind telling me the size of the punch you used??

Christine said...

That is beautiful! I never would have guessed that those weren't originally ornaments!

Anonymous said...

So elegant. The scored lines really make it special.
Annette