November 30, 2009


I wasn't feeling very well earlier today, but I'm much better now. I thought I was getting a cold, but thank goodness it has passed. My head doesn't hurt as much now and my throat isn't as sore. I really hate being sick because it makes taking care of my family difficult as I guess it would for any mother. Plus I've got a busy week planned so I glad I'm feeling better now.

I wanted to make a card for Sunday's featured stamper, MrsBoz. I chose to case this card from her gallery. I really love her card and I had a hard time trying to find two things to change about it, but as I went along I ended up using a different sentiment and border punch. I also decided not to add the two flowers along the top, but I did use two additional leaves (I placed them with the other leaves). I staggered my scalloped border and I didn't emboss the top white scalloped border layer. Her card is a sympathy card, but I decided to stamp a birthday sentiment instead.

I really like the way my card turned out, it was really quick and easy and it could be used for several different occasions. And with no bows or larger ribbon, it's great for mailing too!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check back tomorrow because as I promised last week I'm going to post a tutorial on how I created my sponged sky on this card.
Pin It

2 comments:

TrishG said...

Love that 2 step stamp, it always looks good. I like your scallops up top.

Melina said...

This is beautiful Patty...I've got to take the time and get my featured stamper card made too. I've left you an award on my blog...today's post (title: My first blog award). You do beautiful work girl!