November 18, 2009

I'm sorry that I'm a bit late updating my blog. My son had preschool today and my daughter had her library program in the evening. My daughter wasn't too crazy about attending the library program, but she will soon start volunteering every other Saturday morning and then she can stop going to that program. I'll be glad as well once she starts her volunteer work, hopefully it will give her some work experience and a sense of responsibility.

After everyone was asleep I made a point to take some time for myself today. I wanted to participate in the Clean & Simple Winter design team search/challenges. It has been a wonderful experience for me; CAS cards are my favorite. If anyone isn't sure what design team search I am talking about, you can find more information here. Everyone is welcome to play along with the challenges, even if you do not wish to be on the design team.

Jen has three challenges posted. 2 sketch, 2 inspiration, and 1 theme challenge. Jen said that we could play along, so I wanted to make a card for each challenge. My cards today are the ones that I made for the sketch challenges. My first card is based on Lateblossom's card show here.

I decided to do a little something different with Susan's sketch. I did keep the same 9 block of small squares, but it is one larger snowflake image. I used a technique called thumping to ink up my snowflake stamp. First I inked up my stamp and then using Night of navy and Brocade Blue SU Markers I thumped over my image and then stamped it onto my card stock.

In the center I added a rhinestone brad and I also added a few score lines towards the bottom of my card. I added the ribbon along the bottom as well to sort of help balance my card. My snowflake image is from SU's Snowflake stamp set as well as the sentiment.

My second sketch card is based on another one of Lateblossom's cards shown here.


Well, I have to admit that I've been making so many Holiday cards that I decided to make card with some flowers on it- I thought it would be a nice change.


My flower image is from SU's Both Way Blossoms stamp set. I just stamped the flowers, colored them using my SU markers, and then punched them with my circle punches. My center flower is layered on a piece of Summer Sun card stock. I wanted the center flower to stand out a bit.


I decided not to put an image in the smaller circles (I didn't want my card become too busy) so I just punched out four smaller circle using plain black card stock. My sentiment is from SU's It's Your Birthday stamp set.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and the best of luck to those of you who are trying out for the CAS Winter design team!

Pin It

No comments: