November 1, 2009


Hi everyone! Here is my card for today's CAS (clean & simple) challenge. Today's challenge is a sketch challenge based on this lovely card by 1busymomof2.

I decided to make another Christmas card (I've been on a Christmas card kick lately) and I stamped my own pattern paper using the larger and small snowflake stamps from SU's Snow Swirled stamp set. I just stamped repeatedly using Bashful Blue and Encore silver ink. I did the same thing just to the left of my Season's Greetings sentiment.

I wanted to try and balance my card, I just felt that the right sided ended up being a bit heavier, so I added a few score lines on the left side using my scor-pal. It's hard to see in my picture, but I also add a score line on my sentiment panel.

Instead of adding ribbon to my card, I decided to keep with in my silver theme and I used some silver cording. I wrapped it around my card three times and then I tied it in a bow.

I just wanted to take a moment to let you all know why I haven't been around much lately. Everyone (except me) in my family has been sick for the past two weeks (including the dog), so I haven't been able to comment in the gallery like I usually do. Slowly everyone is getting better except the baby. Her fever is gone, but now she is coughing and just yesterday she developed a rash all over. I'll have to call her doctor in the morning.

And on top of all of this my ScrapBox has arrived. Yippee!!! My husband and I have been busy putting it together and moving all of my stamping items from my craft room downstairs into my new ScrapBox. We are also super busy changing my craft room into a nursery for the baby. I've been taking lots of pictures, but I'm not able to post them just yet (I will as soon as I can).

Thanks for looking!
Pin It

1 comment:

TrishG said...

Nice job with the sketch. Love your stamped patterned paper and the left side of the panel stamped as well. The silver cord was a good choice.