November 29, 2009


Hi everyone! Here's my card for tomorrow's CAS - Clean & Simple challenge. This is my last challenge as a member of the CAS Autumn design team. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I had such a great time with our challenges and it was truly a pleasure working with Jen, Ryann, and Jenn (Miss Boo). I am looking forward to seeing the next set of challenges from the new Winter design team. Thanks for having me!

The last challenge is a makeover challenge. We were to pick a card from our gallery and remake it into a CAS card or just make it over if we chose to. I picked this card from my gallery to make over and I decided to turn it into a CAS card.

I eliminated three card stock layers and one color of card stock, the punched out butterflies, liquid pearls, stamped background, and punched edge along the bottom. On my remade card I used the same image, but I did some dry embossing on the bottom half of my background.

For my main image I colored my stamp using my SU markers and then stamped it onto my card stock. On my background I only ebmossed half (I placed my card stock partially inside my embossing folder) and then just above the Swiss Dots embossed background I added three decorative score lines.

I wasn't too sure about the ribbon that I chose, but I guess it looks alright. Oh, and I also thought that I should mention that I added a few small dots in the center of the flowers using my Close to Cocoa marker.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!
Pin It

2 comments:

TrishG said...

Great card. Love the colors. Love the ribbon and embossing. I really LOVE the original card too, but this is a more simple version.
You've been great on the CAS DT. I'll still come visit your blog though, don't worry!

Marilyn said...

This card is gorgeous! Very elegant.