November 3, 2009


I'm just now getting to my card for Friday's limited supply challenge. The challenge was to create a card based on the weather in our area. Well on Friday it was rainy here, so I decided to ink up my SU Rainy Days stamp set.

We were also to use 2/2/2 of something on our cards. My 2/2/2 items are: I used 2 stamped images (the girl and duck), I used 2 embellishments- ribbon and Crystal Effects, and I only used 2 colors of cardstock (except white of course).

I stamped the girl image and colored her using my SU markers and then I added Crystal Effects over her rain coat and boots. I did a little bit of water coloring using my SU watercolor crayons and aqua painter for the rain water on the ground.

My sentiment is from SU's Under the Weather stamp set and I thought it would go perfectly with my stamped images. I only inked up part of the sentiment stamp. I added a few score lines along the bottom of my card using my scor-pal and my ribbon was leftover from a scrapbook kit that I purchased at Wal-mart a few years ago. (I never throw anything away....LOL)

Have a great day!
Pin It

2 comments:

TrishG said...

Very cute. I like that the layers don't extend all the way. Nice colors! Very cute ribbon and very nicely tied knot

=o) kel said...

love it patty!! the colors are super cute, i need to go check out these challenges!

lovies, =o) kel