November 20, 2009


Thank goodness today I had some time to rest. It's been a crazy week and I guess the next month or so will be busy as well with the upcoming holidays. I'll try to post as regularly as I can.

I have my brother in law and his wife coming to stay with us next week over Thanksgiving, so I'm not sure how much time I will have to update regularly.


My cards for today are the last set of cards that I made for the Winter CAS design team challenges. The last challenge is a theme challenge. We were to create winter themed cards. These two cards that I made had to really be quick and easy because I have to get started on my Thanksgiving cards and get them in the mail....Yikes! What am I waiting for! It's almost Thanksgiving!

My first card I made using the snowman image from SU's A Beautiful Season. All I did was stamp the snowman and assemble my card. I added a Happy Holidays sentiment from SU's Warmest Regards stamp set and I also added some white organdy ribbon and silver cording. It was so quick and really easy to make, great for mass producing and going through the postal system.

My second card was another quick one and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I might have to make some more of these for my Christmas cards this year.

First I inked up my stamp Supersize Snowflake stamp using Bashful Blue ink. Then I took the medium snowflake stamp from SU's Snow Swirled stamp set and I inked that with Night of Navy ink and using the kissing technique I stamped the snowflake image over top of my supersize snowflake. Once I finished stamping over top of the supersize snowflake stamp I then stamped it onto my card stock. (It really was quick and easy, and fun as well)!

Next, I stamped my sentiment and I cut it out and rounded the corners using my corner rounding punch. I threaded some silver cording through the tops of my sentiment words and then I wrapped the cording around my card stock and then tied a bow in the front. Then I added a rhinestone gem and assembled my card.

If you would like more information on how to create your own card using the kissing technique look here. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and I hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be back again on Sunday night to post my card for Monday's CAS - Clean & Simple challenge.

Pin It

No comments: