July 10, 2010

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great week; it sure was a hot one here in PA.  We had temperatures near 100 degrees this past week. It hasn't been this hot and humid here in years!

I've been busy this week taking care of my 18 month old daughter who has been pretty sick. Just when I thought she was getting better, it seems that she has a cold now. I'm just trying to keep her comfortable and making sure that she's getting some fluids and some rest.

So, my card for today had to be a quick one. I made it while my daughter was resting. My son went to a birthday party today and the little girl who had the party is my son's 'girlfriend'. It's a cute story, but the little girl and my son are both 5 years old and they hold hands and give each other hugs. Long story short, they haven't seen each other since preschool graduation a few weeks ago and they were so excited to see each other again at her party today.

It turns out that the little girl just loves Spiderman and my son wanted to give her one of his Spiderman silly bandz bracelets. What a great idea I thought.  So I ended up making her this card and I thought my son could mail it to her with a few of his silly bandz inside it.

This idea for this card came to me when I was looking for another stamp set. I saw the sweet stuff sentiment with this lollipop image and I thought, how perfect!

I stamped the lollipop image and colored it using my SU markers. I tried to color the lollipop to resemble one of those all day suckers we used to get when we were kids.

My background is embossed with a few score lines using my Scor-pal and the lower part of my background has two rows of paper piercing.

I tied on my ribbon and placed the lollipop image using dimensionals and that's about it, real quick and easy! 

Sorry for the long post today, I guess I had some catching up to do.  Be sure to stop on by tomorrow, I will be posting my card for this week's Splitcoast Featured Stamper challenge.

Stamps: Very Punny
Card Stock: White, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, DCWV
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Markers, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" & 1 1/4" Circle Punches
Technique: Paper Piercing, Dry Embossing Pin It

6 comments:

Carrie said...

what a sweet card and such a sweet idea too :) Hope your baby is feeling better soon.

paige said...

Sweet card! cute story about your son and his girlfriend!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

What a soft and pretty card! Sorry to hear your daughter is sick. Hope she feels better very soon!!!!
Maria

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card and such a cute story- I did not know those bracelets came in themes- how cute! Stay cool and hope your little one is feeling better soon!

Alissa said...

Wow Patty it sounds like you've had a pretty hectic week! It was about 100 degrees here, too in CT so I know that didn't help much. This card is really cute as it is perfect for a boy or a girl. Wonderful!! :)

Unknown said...

Hugs to your sick babe! Love the card so soft and cheerful!