July 20, 2010

This is the card I made for this week's featured stamper challenge.  This week's featured stamper is Latisha Yoast.  Congrats Latisha!  This is her card that I chose to case.  I kept the same basic layout, but I changed the colors a bit and I used a different flower stamp.

I simply stamped my flower images and then punched them out using my square punch.   Then I layered them onto myblack card stock and then again onto my punched scalloped squares.

I couldn't quite figure out how I wanted to tie on the ribbon on my card and then I came across my treading water punch.  I punched the border along the left side of my card and then I threaded the ribbon through the holes and tied a knot.

I colored my ribbon using my SU markers because I couldn't find exactly the colors I needed.  I added a few score lines in-between the ribbon part of my card and my stamped flower images.  Finally, I added my butterflies with a dab of liquid pearl on each one.

I hope you like my card!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Stamps: For All You Do, It's Your Birthday
Card Stock: White, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Regal Rose, Black
Ink: Black Stazon, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Regal Rose
Supplies:  Ribbon, Fiskars Treading Water Punch, Martha Stewart 3 in 1 Butterfly Punch, Scallop Square Punch, Square Punch, Scor-pal, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Liquid Pearls, SU Markers, 2 Way Glue Pen
Technique: Dry Embossing Pin It

2 comments:

Alissa said...

This card is so pretty. It caught my eye right away! Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.

Annie said...

ok, now this one is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! love-love-love it!!