July 26, 2010

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  The weather has finally gotten a lot less humid here in PA and much more bearable.  The card I'm sharing with you today is for today's CAS splitcoast challenge.

This week's clean & simple challenge is a theme challenged based on the Dr. Seuss book, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish.  The only thing that kept rolling in my mind was this cat image and the little fishes stamp in this set.

I first stamped the cat image using black Stazon.  Next, I stamped the little fish, (one red one and one blue one) right next to the cat image.   I used my white gel pen to give the fish a dot for their eyes.

My real red card stock is stamped repeatedly using real red ink and the little paw stamp from this same set.

I used my eyelet border punch for the edging along the bottom of my brilliant blue layer.  Once I was finished with my card I decided to add a bit of doodling all along the edges of my main stamped panel.

I hope you like my card; at first I wasn't quite sure about the red and blue together, but I wanted to sort of go along with the theme of today's challenge.  I think my sister would love to receive this card, she's a cat lover!

Be sure to stop on by tomorrow, I will be posting a card I made for the current Bugaboo stamps blog challenge.

Stamps:  C is for Cat
Card Stock: White, Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Blue & White DP
Ink: Black Stazon, Real Red, Brilliant Blue
Supplies:  Ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, White Gel Pen -for fish's eyes, SU Marker for doodling Pin It

2 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very cute! What a fabulous take on the challenge. Love how you worked the colors and your fun images!

Carrie said...

This is super cute! Perfect for that challenge. I really like the layout on this one too