July 11, 2010

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  The baby is still not feeling well, but at least she slept through the night and I was able to get some much needed rest.  Thank you to you all for your well wishes.

I made this card for today's Splitcoast stamper's featured stamper challenge.  This week's featured stamper is sbs81, congratulations Stephanie!  And this is her card that I decided to case.

I used the same stamp set as Stephanie did and I also wanted to try and make a one layer card like her card is.  I kept the same sketch, but I decided to add a butterfly, dry embossing, and I changed the colors up a bit.

I created a mask using my coluzzle rectangle template.  I placed the template on top of my card and I began stamping the flower images.  Once I had my flower images stamped I started sponging my blue background.  (I didn't mask off the flowers, I just sponged around them).

I decided that my card still needed a little something else so I added some decorative scoring along the outside border using my scor-pal.

The bee was just stamped, cut out, colored using my SU markers, and the placed on my card.  I added some dd glitter onto the bee's wings.

Thanks for stopping by!  Tomorrow I'll be posting a card for Splitcoast's Clean & Simple (Monday) challenge.  If you have time be sure to check out the challenge found here, this week is a super easy one!

Stamps: Watercolor Garden
Card Stock: White
Ink: So Saffron, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Brocade Blue
Supplies: Scor-pal, Sponge, 2 Way Glue Pen, DD Glitter, Scissors- for cutting out bee image, Coluzzle Rectangle Template, Coluzzle Knife, SU Markers for coloring in the bee
Technique: Sponging, 2 Step Stampin, Dry Embossing Pin It

9 comments:

Carrie said...

beautiful Patty, I really like the sponged background.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Very Cool - looks like a watercolor painting!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful Patty!
Lynn

Emkay said...

Cute card!
I hope your baby is feeling better soon.

Laura said...

Gorgeous!Love it.
Laura

Alissa said...

I LOVE the fact that you created the border with your Scor-Pal. That's such a great idea!

Unknown said...

Wow !! just WOW !! its soo pretty!

HappyCrafter said...

What a beautiful card! Just the type I like to give and receive. I really like the touch of scoring the edges, it finishes it off nicely :-)

Karen Howard said...

This is gorgeous, lovely, stunning, awesome... did I mention that I love it!!!