July 23, 2010


The other day my mother in law gave me some the cards that I have made for her over the past five years.  I found this card in the pile and this was one of the first cards I ever made so I thought I would share it with you. 

I'm not 100% sure how I made my ribbon treatment.  I think I remember tying a small piece of ribbon in a knot and then before pulling it taught I slipped an even smaller piece through the top part and then I pulled it tightly.  Then I placed the ribbon onto my card using a glue dot.

My tag images are simply stamped and then punched out using my SU tag punch.  They were placed on my card using dimensionals.  I didn't yet have the smaller tag punch to layered the tag images.

My background was stamped using the SU background stamp 'On the Spot'.  To create my sentiment panel I used the Sweet Spot stamp set to randomly stamp images all along the edges and then I stamped the birthday sentiment in the middle.

I have two more of my older cards that I found in the pile of cards my mother in law gave me and I'll share those with you within the next week or so.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Stamps: Terrific Tags (punch box), On The Spot Background, Sweet Spot, It's Your Birthday
Card Stock: White, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue
Ink: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue
Supplies: Ribbon, Tag Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dot Pin It

3 comments:

Alissa said...

Really pretty card, Patty. I love the tags and the way you stamped the background. If you hadn't told me that, I never would have known. Looks great!

Carrie said...

Wow this was your first card...its great. Way better than my first card looked :)

Tamdsgns said...

Hi, Patty! just poppin in to check out blogs. So cool to be able to reflect on your past cards. You started out awesome! great cards!