July 21. 2010


This is the card I made for this week's sketch challenge from Splitcoast stampers.  As soon as I saw this week's sketch I knew exactly which stamp set I wanted to use. 

I had just had this set out on my table and so I thought the snowman would be perfect in those squares.  I first stamped the snowman and then punched them out.

Next, I colored them using my SU markers and then I added a bit of blue to the snowman using my Watercolor crayons and a blender pen.  My white background is embossed using my cuttlebug and snowflakes embossing folder.

I decided to use some organdy ribbon along with silver cording for my ribbon treatment.  I thought it would look nice with the glitter I added on my snowmen.

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!  Have a wonderful day!

Stamps: Merry & Bright
Card Stock: White, Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, SU DP
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Organdy Ribbon, Silver Cording, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Square Punch, Scallop Square Punch,  SU Markers, 2 Way Glue Pen, DD Glitter, Cuttlebug, Snowflakes Embossing Folder, SU Wonder Crayons, Blender Pen
Technique: Dry Embossing, Water Coloring Pin It

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh so cute! Love your little snowmen and the layout is fabulous.
Lynn

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is awesome! I LOVE snowmen stamps and will be longer for winter now. Beautiful paper you used and really like the embossed background on the white. All comes together perfectly!

KER said...

what a cute layout...and those snowmen...love your work